The Woking Foodbank (for which Byfleet Methodist Church is a satellite outlet) is looking for assistance:
1) To appoint a part-time warehouse manager; this will be a paid position for 12 hours per week; a full job description can be obtained direct from Alison Buckland, Foodbank Administrator at email@example.com
2) To assist with a planned food collection at Waitrose, Goldsworth Park on Saturday 17th Aug which will involve handing out flyers, collecting donations, and loading the van (1.5 hr. slots)
3) Regular volunteer required: Tuesday afternoons, 1.00 — 2.30 p.m. at the Salvation Army, Sythwood, Goldsworth Park. Full training will be given
4) Regular volunteer required: Friday mornings 10 a.m. — 12 noon also at Sythwood
5) Holiday (volunteer) cover at Sythwood needed: a) Tuesdays 13/8 and 27/8 — two volunteers needed each day; b) Fridays 9/8,16/8, 23/8, 30/8 — one volunteer needed.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in volunteering Alison would love to hear from you ...... or speak to Margaret Watts at Byfleet: 01932 343489 — firstname.lastname@example.org and she will put you in touch. It really is a valuable piece of mission and outreach!
You may also be interested in
Sunday 5th June: 4pmWalton Methodist ChurchJoin us for a special Testimony Service followed by Celebratory Tea to mark the occasion of our minister, Revd Sydney Samuel Lake's ordination at the next Methodist Conference at the end of June. A joyous and celebratory occasion to recognise the hard work of Sydney Samuel to get to this point. If attending please let Ross Richardson know in...
This week's pastoral letter is written by Rev Allan Taylor. It is attached along with home service...
Dave Faulkner's Sunday's video worship appeared at 8:00 am GMT on Sunday at https://youtu.be/5xebtsmaeDc Dave has returned to the 'Resurrection People' theme and accidentally done next week's theme rather than this week's! (He will swap them around.) So the subject this week is 'Restoring Work' and looks at how the Resurrection...