The Woking Foodbank (for which Byfleet Methodist Church is a satellite outlet) is looking for assistance:
1) To appoint a part-time warehouse manager; this will be a paid position for 12 hours per week; a full job description can be obtained direct from Alison Buckland, Foodbank Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) To assist with a planned food collection at Waitrose, Goldsworth Park on Saturday 17th Aug which will involve handing out flyers, collecting donations, and loading the van (1.5 hr. slots)
3) Regular volunteer required: Tuesday afternoons, 1.00 — 2.30 p.m. at the Salvation Army, Sythwood, Goldsworth Park. Full training will be given
4) Regular volunteer required: Friday mornings 10 a.m. — 12 noon also at Sythwood
5) Holiday (volunteer) cover at Sythwood needed: a) Tuesdays 13/8 and 27/8 — two volunteers needed each day; b) Fridays 9/8,16/8, 23/8, 30/8 — one volunteer needed.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in volunteering Alison would love to hear from you ...... or speak to Margaret Watts at Byfleet: 01932 343489 — email@example.com and she will put you in touch. It really is a valuable piece of mission and outreach!
You may also be interested in
The Challenge:Create a fish prayer object.Or, create a shoal! Use your talents and whatever creative resources you have available in your home to make your fish! You could make a fish by:* Knitting (pattern included with this challenge!)* Crocheting (pattern included with this challenge!)* Painting it on a stone* Paper Mache* Lego* Iron-on beads* Clay* Or any other creative means...
At 8.00 am this Sunday, all 39 BBC local radio stations will be joining together for a service from Methodist Central Hall, Westminster. The act of worship was recorded 'as live' in Methodist Central Hall Westminster Chapel last Sunday, before stronger social distancing instructions were issued. You can find how to listen to your BBC local radio station https://www.bbc....
St Mary's, Guildford
Byfleet Methodist Church