MASCOT (Maybury and Sheerwater Community Trust) are looking for a Community Development Manager based in Maybury The role aims to facilitate community development and interaction between service providers in Maybury; and to act as a catalyst, facilitator and deliverer for local initiatives owned by the people of Maybury that will address the underlying causes of deprivation and isolation within the community.
Full details, including the application process and interview details can be found on the attached document.
The aims of the trust are to:
1. Identify the underlying causes of deprivation and social exclusion in Maybury and Sheerwater and environs.
2. Address the identified causes through targeted projects. Causes may include financial hardship, family breakdown, insecurity and social and cultural integration.
3. Act as a catalyst facilitating collaborative initiatives with partners in the area.
4. Act as a catalyst stimulating resources already in the community, supporting self-help groups and offering 'best practice' models.
5. Be a sustainable organization and a channel for resources which responds to perceived needs with appropriate monitoring processes.
6. To participate in this service as an expression of Christian faith, but serving all the people in the community irrespective of their religious views and without any need or requirement that beneficiaries change their own religious views.